Saturday, December 28, 2013

Baby Shower!

Last month my wonderful mom and mother-in-law threw the most incredible baby shower for me! They went absolutely overboard on every last detail from the food to the decorations and games and I was completely spoiled. I felt so special the whole time. I am overwhelmed with love and gratitude for our friends and family that are as excited as we are to welcome our son to the world in just a few short months. I am not sure why we are so lucky but I am so thankful for each and every one of you. 


We had friends and family travel from as far north as Vermont and upstate New York to attend the shower. Christopher deserves a gold medal for joining in on the fun the entire time to take pictures and assist with gift opening. He played a great Vanna White. I might even say he had a good time!




The baby shower was held at a cute little historic train station in downtown Silver Spring. It just so happened that it took place on the same day as the Thanksgiving Parade, but that didn't stop everyone from showing up and having a great time! Our son's nursery theme is all about space, so the baby shower was based on that, and I absolutely loved all of the little touches!

My talented cousin Julia made this
adorable & delicious cake!
Cute star favor boxes with chocolates
One of my bffs Ryan contributed
 to the decor & favors!
My mom made a special recipe in a
blue variation for this favor.  When she was
 pregnant with me she craved this sugar popcorn
from the White House Cookbook.
There was an abundance of food and drinks and so much to do with all of the games and chatting with everybody that came to celebrate! It was such a great time and it was over way too fast!

Ruthie had everyone write us or the baby a message on this
pretty star stationery and then she put them all in a
scrapbook for us. When I read them the day after
the party I just cried and cried. They were all so sweet.
"Guess Baby's Stats" 
Baby Word Scramble- I thought I was good at these
but apparently not because I didn't win!
Lots of prizes for the winners of all the fun games
The food spread
Announcing a game!
Baby shower at the B & O Railroad Museum
Upstate NY fam
My amazing friends
Christopher's "Funny Oma"
More amazing friends & the hubster

Thank you so much to everyone that came! And for those that couldn't make it, please know that I felt you were there in spirit :) I love you all and our son is so excited to meet each and every one of you beautiful people.

No comments:

Post a Comment